Building an email list is crucial to the staying power and advancement of your business. It doesn’t matter if you have an online business or a bricks and mortar business; email marketing is an extremely effective form of marketing and should by no means be overlooked. In fact, email marketing is one of the most effective forms of marketing that has ever existed. Here are fourteen ways to build your email list.
1. Create Value-Filled Content – While people won’t see the content until they subscribe and open the email, the content needs to be very well written, engaging, and relevant to the audience. You want them to love it so much that they keep opening and that they share your emails with their friends.
2. Make Emails Shareable with Social Icons – It’s easy to add social icons to your email messages now, so be sure to do that. Add that to your email signature at the bottom, and also add a call-to-action (CTA) asking your readers to share the email. A popular website to utilize to get a customized signature is WiseStamp.com. They also offer a 14-day free trial.
3. Create Segmented Email Lists – The more focused each email list is, the more relevant the messages can be for the subscribers. By segmenting your lists, when people make a purchase or click through to answer a CTA, you can make each email much more customized.
4. Create a Lead Magnet – Providing some sort of incentive is extremely helpful for getting people to want to give up their email address. However, you should be very careful to make the incentive specific to your target market, to avoid visitors who just want the freebie and have no intention of ever buying anything.
5. Create a Sign-Up Form on Facebook – Facebook is a great place to add an email sign-up form. You can create a CTA on Facebook easily, and people who will follow you on Facebook will likely want the information you have in your emails.
6. Host a Contest – Contests can be a great way to get more people to sign up for your email list, especially if you run an affiliate contest on a product or service that you’re offering. In addition, you can give people a chance to win one of your books or products if they sign up, share, follow, and like.
7. Create YouTube Videos – YouTube videos are a great way to attract more visitors. They have a lot of built-in viewers who search for things, so create short videos directed toward your audience.
8. Use Creative Twitter Welcomes – You can get software to send automatic welcome messages to people who follow you on Twitter, such as Social Oomph. While people complain about them, they’re still effective. Although if you are able to send personal welcome messages by hiring a virtual assistant, by all means, please do.
9. Conduct Interviews – Find people who need to interview experts in your niche and pitch yourself as a guest. Most of the time when you are a guest, you’re expected to bring with you an offer to their audience. This offer can require an email address to receive it.
10. Host a Webinar – Webinars are on fire right now, and is a remarkable way to build an email list fast. Everyone who wants to attend the webinar has to sign up for your email list. People see personal webinars as valuable and are more willing to give up their email address for them.
11. Find Joint Venture Partners – Partner up with others to do a multi-person webinar, or host another type of happening such as an in-person event. When each of you promote to your own lists, it helps build all your lists.
12. Publish a Book – A physical book or an eBook published via Kindle or iBooks is a great way to get your name out there as an expert. The book can mention your email list and website as well. You can even provide a special landing page for book buyers.
13. Speak Offline – Host or become a speaker at offline events. This works especially well if you have a physical book to show to people. If you have a good talk, you can get people clamoring to sign up for your list.
14. Paid Promotions – Try using paid promotions on Facebook to collect email addresses, by giving away something free or requiring an email to watch all of a video.
Using these methods will build your email list. You should do all of these methods (although not all at one time) over the course of your business to help build your email list. Keep building the list – never stop. Because the larger your email list, and the more targeted it is, the more successful you’ll be.
Thank you for reading this post, if it has helped you in any way, you learned something new, or have something to add, leave a comment and I’ll respond within 24 hours.
Photo Credit: cooldesign http://freedigitalphotos.net